Churches of Villa Latina
The Church of La Santissima Annunziata
The Church of La Santissima Annunziata was founded in 1601 by Benedetto Mancini. It was built on the site of a pre-existing place of worship.
Above the door is an inscription:
SSME ANTINI DICTATU A.D. 1619 SVP TIB POPVLI AMGLON REAEDIFICATUM A.D. 1739 POST BELLI RUINAS NOVO SPLENDORE AUCTA A.D. MCMLV
The interior is decorated in a Baroque style.
The Chapel of San Domenico
The Chapel of San Domenico founded in 1729. Above the door is a lunette with a fresco of San Domenico (1700) and the following inscription:
- DOMENICO O.R.P.N.B. DOMENICO VALERIO P SUA DEVOTIONE CAPPELLA EST EDIFICATA ANNO D. 1727.
Inside there is an 18th century fresco of the Madonna.
The Church and Hermitage of Santissima Trinità
Other places of worship include:
The remains of the Cappella dello Spirito Santo
The little church of San Salvatore (inside the Cemetery) consecrated in 1049
The abandoned Chiesa di Santa Lucia and the nearby shrine of La Madonna dell’Orto
In the Le Forme area there are the remains of the Monastery of San Benedetto
The Chapel of Sant’ Anna (1713) in the Valle Grande area, a destination of annual sacred pilgrimage on the 26 July.