photo © Louise Shapcott
Mill and Museum of Country Life in San Nazario Casalattico
The ancient mill was founded by the monks of the Monastery of San Nazario at the beginning of the 11th century and remained in use over the centuries. It finally stopped operating in the 1950’s with the advent of electricity and was left abandoned and fell into disrepair until the present owner Andrea Centrofanti set about restoring it to its former glory. The restored mill was opened on the 11th August 2001 and now houses the Museum of Agriculture and Country Life – Il Museo della Mollitura e dell’Arte Contadina. Within the mill house there are numerous exhibits of old agricultural tools and farming equipment, and other items used by various traditional professions. There is also a room representing a typical peasant’s way of life and an interesting photo gallery.
Website © Louise Shapcott 2017 – 2018 All Rights Reserved
Last Updated Nov 2018